Gifts of Life Insurance
Life insurance can be used in several ways to make a lasting gift to the Lymphoma Research Foundation (LRF).
You can designate LRF the beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy.
- You part with nothing during your lifetime.
- You continue to own the policy and retain the right to change beneficiaries.
- If insurance proceeds are paid to LRF after your lifetime, your estate may be entitled to tax benefits because of the gift.
Alternatively, you can transfer ownership of a paid-up life insurance policy to LRF, making LRF the owner and irrevocable beneficiary of the policy.
- You make a gift using an asset that you and your family no longer need.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the (approximate) cash surrender value of the policy.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift to LRF without affecting your cash flow.
If you have any questions about gifting a life insurance policy, or to learn more about the different ways you can support the Lymphoma Research Foundation through gift planning, please contact Evelyn Lipori, Director of Stewardship, at (646) 465-9126 or email@example.com. All inquires are confidential.
This information is not intended to represent legal or tax advice, or to substitute for such advice. We recommend that you consult your professional advisors when considering your charitable gift planning options.
Back to Planned Giving